OT help!

The 55mm O/D filler pipe into the tank on my diesel estate has rusted through (on the bend). If I can find a source of flexible diesel proof
hose of suitable diameter cutting out the porous bit looks quite straightforward.
Anybody know of such a beast and if so where I might get it from?
Thanks in advance
John
John Blakeley wrote:

I wonder if this lot could help? http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/Venair-Silicone-Hose-World__W0QQ_armrsZ1
Bob
Bob Minchin wrote:

That looks very promising - thanks Bob.
John

You really don't want silicone hose for fuel resistant purposes. It can be lined to give some resistance but that's very expensive and nitrile or neoprene are better options. Silicone hoses are mainly used for connecting up the intercooler and air intakes on turbocharger applications. Try this instead.
http://www.flexiblehose.co.uk/rubberhoseoil.htm
--
Dave Baker

Dave Baker wrote:

Helpful but sadly they don't sell in less than 10m lengths..but the go-faster shops suggested by Peter has opened a new avenue of possibilities.
Also had ships chandlers suggested which is so obvious I feel silly for not thinking of it.
John

Try Demon tweeks (probably not spelt like that) Peter
On Tue, 8 Dec 2009 10:08:50 -0800 (PST), Drawfiler

Also try local hydraulics places, my local one makes up hydraulic lines to spec. and certainly has some hose of that sort of proportion. I know 'cos I was in there yesterday for some oil and saw it.
Rgds Richard
John Blakeley wrote:

Quick update. I sourced half a metre of 57mm flexible fuel filler hose from;
http://www.cbsonline.co.uk /
Simple job to cut out the pipe with the pin pricks in and replace it with the new hose. Must remember to change the fuel filter - some bits must have fallen into the tank.
If you every wondered where kit-car builders get everything from try cbsonline.
Thanks for the help.
John