OT - We did it Again

4 years of losing, and then we beat France to make the final again. Roll on 8 O'clock next Sunday.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

Who cares.:-)

Mark.

Reply to
mark

again.

I do !

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

In message , Andrew Mawson writes

What a lot of oval balls.

Reply to
Mike

Watch it, Peter, this is racist stuff. You are talking about England and a sport which it invented.

Ca Va, mon vieux?

Reply to
ravensworth2674

It's a private matter but they have only one between them- and the French wanted to have it.

Reply to
ravensworth2674

"The game's afoot: Follow your spirit; and upon this charge Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George"

Trouble is it only seems to work against the French so might not work next week. Still we are playing in the final and the French arn't - who said the 13th was unlucky

Ssh don't mention it down here in Wales - I don't think they did too well

And the best bit??? Telling my daughter who is 3500 miles away and claims to support Wales - priceless

Happy Englishman

Reply to
jontom_1uk

Reply to
ravensworth2674

Keith, you did realise that Henri Cinq to whom the quotation is ascribed could only speak Norman French? And you did realise that Saint George was a Turk?

And perhaps most of us overlooked that there were few on the English Team who were just as fluent in their Mother Tongue?

Pardonnnez moi?

Norman

Reply to
ravensworth2674

Norman, Yes thanks well aware. Being English is and always has been a "state of mind", nothing to do with colour, creed or birthplace. Many fine Englishmen have been born on foreign soil as have many "jonnie foreigners" been born here. There are some in the French camp that were born this side of the channel and in days gone by, would have had their throats cut by now for "picking" the wrong side. I would like to say that it is which flag you chose to march behind but as always it has more to do with whose pot of silver you chose to take! As I said on a previous post - little changes.

Regards

Keith (whose ancestors rather than coming from the wrong side of the channel changed sides when it suited - a rather English (in historic terms) thing to do?

Reply to
jontom_1uk

Absolute rubbish...........he was born and brought up near Wokingham. See the foreword of 'Model Engineers' Workshop Manual' --

Chris Edwards

Of course-- how silly of me.

Went through Bill Bennett's book but couldn't find the article on dragon slaying.

Reply to
ravensworth2674

Not me!

Reply to
Alan Holmes

What sport is that, rugby is just a load of ruffians who just waant to beat the hell out of each other!

Reply to
Alan Holmes