Pulleys ?

I need a pulley for a 1/2hp motor with a 14mm shaft with key. Ideally it would be 3 1/4" outside diameter, but anything from 3" to 4" would do. I guess I could cut the keyway myself if necessary. Can anyone suggest a source for this at low cost? I have a few other pulleys which all seem to be slightly different in design but seem to fit the belt I have. From what I've seen there are a few standard pulley types and I'm concerned I might end up using a pulley that seems ok, but causes problems due to it being incompatible. Any information or links to gen me up would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Scrim

Reply to
Scrim

A quick google for "4" pulley supplier uk" yields a huge number of suppliers. Far quicker for you to do the same than it is for me to repeat them all.

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

Where are you based?

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

Reply to
John Stevenson

Gould Pulleys & Drives Ltd Unit 19 Worcester Road Ind Estate Chipping Norton Oxon OX7 5XW

01608 643311

Used to be called Aluminium Pulleys Ltd

Haven't used them for a while, but were very good stockists if things like stepped pulleys etc.

Prepair Ltd

London,

Scrim

Reply to
Scrim

Reply to
Scrim

Already tried Google and just get loads of stuff like Kellysearch results, that don't help much.

What I was hoping to find was a catalogue online so I can identify a part number and order online or by phone.

I find most of the results in places like Kellysearch don't have decent web sites and I'd prefer not having to phone huge numbers of places only to find their minimum order fee is 'industrial', or that the unseen part doesn't quite fit my needs.

Cheers though,

Scrim

Reply to
Scrim

How about grinding a form tool for the groove and then turning your own pulley from 4" aluminium bar? (You might have an interesting time parting off, though!)

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

Sadly I haven't yet reached lathe owning status, or I'd probably end up making everything myself (judging by usual form).

Scrim

Reply to
Scrim

Their catalogue shows vee-pulleys and we have purchased these from them previously, but a phone call to them confirmed that they have stopped manufacturing V belt pulleys.

Prepair Ltd

You could try Picador

They don't have a detailed catalogue on their web sit, and might need a phone call to see if they have a size and bore which suits.

Jim.

Reply to
Jim Guthrie

Try RDG tools at Hebden Bridge in West Yorkshire. I think he has just aquired a lorry load of Picador pulleys. He certainly had a good selection on his stand at Harrogate. Phil

Reply to
Phil Procter

Forget the net, try the Yellow Pages, under Transmission Supplies or similar. If you want cheap, try the local car breaker as your preferred size is close to common alternator pulleys.

Tom

Reply to
Tom

Thanks Jim, That's the best I've seen,

Scrim

Reply to
Scrim

Found a 3 1/2"diameter on 'A' section one today. Was 3/4" bore but been sleeved back down to 14mm with keyway, Any good?

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

Reply to
John Stevenson

Thanks Phil. I've found RDG tools have shop on eBay with a selection of pulleys, as you said. I'm surprised that normal searching on eBay doesn't bring them up! But here they are, if anyone else is interested:

Looks like I'm going to have to bore one out to 14mm somehow.

Scrim

Reply to
Scrim

Thanks Tom, I'll check that out. It seems that 14mm bore is the problem now.

Scrim

Reply to
Scrim

That sounds great. Yes Please!

I've contacted you with snipped-for-privacy@stevenson-engineers.co.uk if you can find it amongst the spam.

Scrim

Reply to
Scrim

Scrim, Nothing got here past the filters yet and your return address isn't valid.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

Reply to
John Stevenson