Pulleys

Have been attempting exactly what you have for the last six months!!

A source of diecast single V pulleys is :

Cat No 235 (nearest is 3" o.d) BUT only with bores of 1/2", 5/8" and 3/4"

I have managed to obtain a 14mm machine reamer from E-bay which will take the 1/2" bore out to 14mm.

But again as in your case my lathe is not yet running -- is it?? I will probably stick an old 1/2" shaft motor on it temporarily to ream out the new pulley.

Cheers, Paul

I need a pulley for a 1/2hp motor with a 14mm shaft with key. Ideally it > would be 3 1/4" outside diameter, but anything from 3" to 4" would do. I > guess I could cut the keyway myself if necessary. > Can anyone suggest a source for this at low cost?
Reply to
Paul Bernard

Thanks Paul. Nice catalogue - I'll add that to my 'library'. I got this very nice motor off eBay, described as having a 'standard' 14mm shaft, but it seems pulleys never went metric! I've actually already got a 4" pully that could be bored out to 14mm. Perhaps I should start a new thread requeating quotes to bore it out for me! Couldn't you do yours by turning the lathe chuck by hand?

Scrim

Reply to
Scrim