It's a gubbins, isn't it?

Or could it be some sort of widget?
formatting link

But what is it really and how should it be used?
Reply to
Paul C. Dickie
Loading thread data ...
Paul asked .........
Is it not part of some sort of sine bar? Stand it on the other face and then you could put the roller on the slope and adjust the height with the slider. Who needs slip gauges anyway? ;)
Reply to
Mike Whittome
It's a shaper or planer gauge, used for tool height setting. the cylindrical objects are height extensions. There's normally several on sale on eBay..
Reply to

PolyTech Forum website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.