Question on Vision for an RC car

I am looking for a kit that will allow me to mount a wireless camer
onboard of my RC car and view it while running. Does anybody know i
there is such a kit in the market, because I wouldnt like to reinven the wheel :) Many thxs
-- Mspie ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Mspiel's Profile: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?action=getinfo&userid138 View this thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid "456

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?action=getinfo&userid1386
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid "4564
Lots of wireless mini cameras on eBay - an example:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&itemA64246777&category204
Andrew Mawson

They're illegal to operate in the UK without a Test&Development License from the Radiocommunications Agency.
1.2GHz is illegal. 1.394GHz is legal up to 0.5W. 2.4-2.5GHz is legal up to 10mW.
There is a kit you can buy for model aircraft which operates on 2.4GHz but it has a CMOS camera and this seriously compromises the video quality.
Chris
--
Chris Eilbeck mailto: snipped-for-privacy@yordas.demon.co.uk

On 27 Apr 2004 12:42:01 +0100, Chris Eilbeck

But do they work well? Not that I was thinking of doing anything illegal....

For 20 quid or so? What do you think? They're probably pants.
Chris
--
Chris Eilbeck mailto: snipped-for-privacy@yordas.demon.co.uk

I've got one of the small colour cameras (with sound) and built in radio transmitter. Bought it off E-bay for about 35 or so, including receiver, leads, power supplies. Camera can connect to a 9v battery, and is small enough to put in all sorts of models. Not sure what the range is like as I've only used it inside, but I was amazed at the quality. Not exactly broadcast quality, but as good as some camcorder footage I've seen -and certainly good enough to "drive" from. I thought for the price it would be fuzzy & low resolution. It is 1.2GHz, which according to an earlier contributor is illegal to use -but I would imagine the chances of getting caught are pretty slim!
All in all, for the price an absolute bargain.
Regards
Kevin