Question on Vision for an RC car

I am looking for a kit that will allow me to mount a wireless camer

onboard of my RC car and view it while running. Does anybody know i there is such a kit in the market, because I wouldnt like to reinven the wheel :) Many thxs

-- Mspie

----------------------------------------------------------------------- Mspiel's Profile:

this thread:

Mspiel

View this thread:

Lots of wireless mini cameras on eBay - an example:

Andrew Mawson

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

They're illegal to operate in the UK without a Test&Development License from the Radiocommunications Agency.

1.2GHz is illegal. 1.394GHz is legal up to 0.5W. 2.4-2.5GHz is legal up to 10mW.

There is a kit you can buy for model aircraft which operates on 2.4GHz but it has a CMOS camera and this seriously compromises the video quality.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Eilbeck

But do they work well? Not that I was thinking of doing anything illegal....

Reply to
Martin L

For 20 quid or so? What do you think? They're probably pants.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Eilbeck

I've got one of the small colour cameras (with sound) and built in radio transmitter. Bought it off E-bay for about £35 or so, including receiver, leads, power supplies. Camera can connect to a 9v battery, and is small enough to put in all sorts of models. Not sure what the range is like as I've only used it inside, but I was amazed at the quality. Not exactly broadcast quality, but as good as some camcorder footage I've seen -and certainly good enough to "drive" from. I thought for the price it would be fuzzy & low resolution. It is 1.2GHz, which according to an earlier contributor is illegal to use -but I would imagine the chances of getting caught are pretty slim!

All in all, for the price an absolute bargain.

Regards

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Steele