rc.groups.com

But there is no need to discard Usenet conventions if posting from Google groups. The problem is that many Google posters seem to be lacking in knowledge as to how to reply properly to a post. They just need to read

and for those that can't be bothered to read that, then if they want to post a follow up via Google groups don't use the "Reply" option at the bottom of the article. Instead click on the"Show Options" at the top of the article, *then* click on the "Reply" option at the *bottom of the article headers*. =20

Google, like Microsoft, just redesigned the wheel to suit themselves.

--=20 cerberus

Reply to
cerberus

We had a good Xmas, cleared out a lot of stuff on ebay which is gradually making space for the Beaver mill and the pair of engraving machines that we have in storage at present.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Glad you found out how to do it properly. Now consider abandoning Google group posting for the very simple reason that propagation from Google groups takes time and is often unreliable. Your post to which I am replying is timed as posted from you, a UK Pipex user, at 0135 on

2/1/06. It wasn't available on my news server at 0930 but was there at 1015 (on 2/1/06). You will find often that the discussion has long since progressed by the time your post appears to other Usenet NNTP server users.

I suggest you get a news reader, there free quality readers available, and use an NNTP server. =20

--=20 cerberus

Reply to
cerberus

Charles, just trying to show that there are several options out thei now. I get the best of both worlds, i have all the usenet feeds i wan directed onto the forum for mine and the other registered member convenience. We can if we so wish take part in the newsgroups b asking/answering questions or we can discuss the topics from them o the forum without clogging up the newsgroup.

Regards Ro

-- Ro

this thread:

Roy