Reamers

On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 20:38:30 +0000, Austin Shackles

Granted that backlash in the crosslide screw is irritating, but why is it so much of a problem?
--
Richard

Email address is valid but remove burrs before sending!
On or around Mon, 21 Jan 2008 22:47:39 +0000, Richard Edwards

There's rather a lot of it on this machine. From my observation, you push the tool towards the workpiece, and it has the ability to move further than you want it to, in this case by something around 14 thou. Makes for a lack of accuracy, apart from anything else. Up to a point, you can get around it by adjusting it so it's stiff, but that makes it hard work, and if doing power feed, puts more strain on the feed mechanism. I'd prefer a solution that removes the play.