Restoring Bevel Protractor

Hi all, I have just purchased a Moore & Wright No. 994 bevel protractor at a car boot sale. It's a bit grimy with just a little rust on the large center nut. I need suggestions please on the best way to get it back to original condition. Are the degree markings just plain or do they have black ink/paint or what in them? I see that the one Chronos sells has a small magnifier to make reading the degrees easier. The one I got today does not have a magnifier, so blacking the engravings would help to read them. No problem 10 years ago but age creeps up rapidly :-( with the inevitable eyesight deterioration.

At the same venue I also got hold of a Bradson No 7 hand operated bench drilling machine in battleship grey of course, with ratched and pawl operated downfeed, complete with keyless chuck, Very nice machine that is going to look good on the bench.

Regards

Geoff Halstead Norfolk, England

(superheated - radiant at that)

Reply to