Something missing methinks

Spotted this lathe old bench mounted lathe in "working order"

Steve
Reply to
Cheshire Steve
Hang on, there! There are still lathes around with a wooden bed. One is a Holzapfell and in the good old days, people had to pay the equivalent of a street of houses for one. Thinks, this one will be cheaper! Cheers
ravensworth2674
Nah - you bolt it to 't floor...
Regards, Tony
Reply to
Tony Jeffree
Ah, Tony, but you missed the 50 beams which were offered separately. And there was a rotary table which didn't come out a chinese restaurant.
In all ,nearly enough to make a cathedral?
oops
Norman
Reply to
ravensworth2674
I note that they want £1500+VAT for three tons of granite, but don't admit to any calibration at all.
Sometimes I think that these merchants rip off the people they're selling for as much as those they're selling to.
Mark Rand RTFM
Reply to
Mark Rand