Something missing methinks

Spotted this lathe old bench mounted lathe in "working order"

Steve

Reply to
Cheshire Steve

Hang on, there! There are still lathes around with a wooden bed. One is a Holzapfell and in the good old days, people had to pay the equivalent of a street of houses for one. Thinks, this one will be cheaper! Cheers

ravensworth2674

Nah - you bolt it to 't floor...

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

Ah, Tony, but you missed the 50 beams which were offered separately. And there was a rotary table which didn't come out a chinese restaurant.

In all ,nearly enough to make a cathedral?

oops

Norman

Reply to
ravensworth2674

I note that they want £1500+VAT for three tons of granite, but don't admit to any calibration at all.

Sometimes I think that these merchants rip off the people they're selling for as much as those they're selling to.

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand