Something missing methinks

Spotted this lathe old bench mounted lathe in "working order" http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item20224170730&ssPageName ­ME:B:SS:GB:1123
Amazing Steve
Add pictures here
βœ–

Hang on, there! There are still lathes around with a wooden bed. One is a Holzapfell and in the good old days, people had to pay the equivalent of a street of houses for one. Thinks, this one will be cheaper! Cheers
βœ–
On Tue, 4 Mar 2008 12:17:03 -0800 (PST), Cheshire Steve

Nah - you bolt it to 't floor...
Regards, Tony
Add pictures here
βœ–

Ah, Tony, but you missed the 50 beams which were offered separately. And there was a rotary table which didn't come out a chinese restaurant.
In all ,nearly enough to make a cathedral?
oops
Norman
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Tue, 4 Mar 2008 13:00:29 -0800 (PST), ravensworth2674

I note that they want £1500+VAT for three tons of granite, but don't admit to any calibration at all.
Sometimes I think that these merchants rip off the people they're selling for as much as those they're selling to.
Mark Rand RTFM
Add pictures here
βœ–