steel pipe

Looking for something around 8mm external, 1mm wall, much like microbore copper but in steel. It's commonly found on cars as clutch fluid pipe or suchlike.

Anyone know where to get it?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I would have thought a car factor who makes up brake pipes is the easiest source, our local one used to make them up, or am I living in the past again? What about Partco ? Bob

Reply to
Emimec

Steel pipe used on motors is Bundy pipe and as far as I know it is all

0.028" wall thickness regardless of diameter. A decent hydraulic fittings supplier should be able to source 8mm x 1mm wall steel tube.You may have to take 6mtrs but it`s not expensive.
Reply to
mark

Swagelok.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Eilbeck

On or around Fri, 19 Sep 2008 13:59:44 +0100, Austin Shackles enlightened us thusly:

found someone supplying stainless at 14 quid-odd for 3m.

I'll look at Chris's recommendation in a bit.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Sat, 20 Sep 2008 12:15:34 +0100, Austin Shackles enlightened us thusly:

more:

Swagelok are irritating.

"Login to see prices", so I registered and logged in, to find "call for a price." sod 'em.

Meanwhile I found this lot:

who have a useful range of stuff, and prices.

Reply to
Austin Shackles