Steel Pressings

'noon all, I need to get a steel pressing made, about 1.5m long, 350mm wide. in a u shape. about 3mm thick any recommended places to go for quotes?
cheers
Dave
dave sanderson wrote:

do you mean U shape as in a deep and narrow channel or do you mean U shaped as in a piece of channel? Big difference! What sort of tolerence is required?
Some dimensions and where you are based would be useful.
If its just bog standard channel but to specific dimensions it should be easy enough to get fabricated by ringing around sheet metal workers in your area, if its too thick for them they will almost certainly know someone nearby with a press brake that will bend up 3mm steel.
If its deep and really is U shaped you might have a bit more trouble.

Its a wide and flat u channel (thats actually a box in 3 locations) forgot the height... but 1.5m long, about 40mm tall, and 350mm wide. so the vertical bits of a U are 40mm and the bottom is 350.
I know I can ring round, but a personal recommendation helps 1)to get a good person, and 2)to keep good people in business
Dave