stepper motors drivers

could someone give me a bit of advice on stepper motors and drivers, i have built a cnc router and i bought a complete kit of steppers and
drivers plus power supply off e bay, but the motors are not strong enough, if i attempt to run them any quicker than a snails pace they dont like it,and growl, the driver board is a 1 axis simplestep (aliencnc.com) and it says maximum 30vdc@2.5 amps/phase motor output, for use with stepper motors rated at 2.0 amps/ phase or higher. the power supply is 24vdc@4.5 amp switching power. can anyone tell me the strongest stepper motor that will run with these boards, the motors i am using now are FL57STH76-2808B ones, or do i need to buy a more powerful motor and driver/power supply.
many thanks drut
On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 03:26:26 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

Not what you want to hear but the Alien cnc drives are crap. where are you based to give some idea of where to look for drives. Power supply and motors should be fine.

i live in st helens merseyside,
On Tue, 24 Jul 2007 13:00:45 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

Ketan at Arc Eurotrade now has his 3 amp drivers at 28.95 including vat. http://www.arceurotrade.co.uk/ which makes them a better deal than the others selling the same type drives.