'Strange?' thread

Just bought some 'cheap' wire brushes and cutting discs for my Dewalt Cordless angle Grinder. I actually only wanted the cutting discs but the wire wheel and cup brush were 'free'. Anyway, the brushes are M14 x

2 [I even ran a M14 x 2 tap through to clear out any cr4p] The Dewalt is Stated in the manual as M14 but they wont fit. Not even close! Is there an M14 thread that I don't know about? or am I just getting old . Many thanks in advance.
Reply to
Confused

Or you have to flip the disk over. 'Cause you enter the thread from the wrong side?

To be serious: M14 * 2 is the official thread for angle grinder spindles. And yes, the regular pitch for M14 is 2.

Now who's to blame?

Nick

Reply to
Nick Müller

4" angle grinders have had two different pitches of M14 thread. Can't remember, the other one is probably M14 x 1.5.

I've got two 4" Makitas, one with each thread :-(

Cheers Tim Dutton Dry-Dock Traditional & Modern canal craft repairs Vintage diesel engine service

Reply to
Tim Leech

Flipping it over could be amusing, it's a wire 'cup-brush' !!

Reply to
Confused

Useful for getting the dirt from under one's finger nails!

Reply to
m1ss_wh1te