Sturmey-Archer & Makrolon

Bob:

There is a complete gear set available, it was a bit rusty due to lack of oil, but I have cleaned it up a bit in some thinners, and all the gears look fine. A bit of oil and they all spin OK and no bad play in anything. There is the sun wheel, 4 planet wheels and the outer ring gear, plus the housing for the planet gears and spindles etc etc.

If that is of any use to you, let me have an address and I'll post it all to you. The sun gear is on the wheel spindle, but has a rivet through it and looks to be easily removeable. If you don't need the spindle, I'll have a stab at getting the gear off before I post.

Tim:

We have one piece 400mm X 240mm and two panels which are 90mm X 250mm, slightly more if you include the machined surround. The big piece has some milling cutter marks on in one spot, but most is untouched, and still has protective wrapping on both sides. If that's any good, let me know and I'll post it up to you.

Peter Peter

-- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden, UK snipped-for-privacy@prepair.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

Thankyou Peter, email sent. The larger piece would be useful.

Tim

Reply to
Tim