Supplier for thick ally plate

I'm looking for a bit of ally to make something 325x115mm, 25mm thick. Could anyone suggest a UK supplier, and give me an idea of how much I should expect to pay?

Reply to
Wally

Bill

Might be worth just giving a local metalstockist a call.. You might find one that has 5"x1" (127 x 25.4) on the shelf and prepared to cut off the length you require.

I know mine would do it.

Wayne...

Reply to
Wayne Weedon

Fine by me, thanks. :-)

I'm not in a rush - it's for a tuning bit for my car, and I've yet to get a gasket so I can draw and dimension the shape I'll need.

Reply to
Wally

I know Metal Supermarkets would do it (that's all they do), but they're not the cheapest. I'll be getting a price from them anyway, but I'd need to hunt for another supplier around here (no idea who there is - always assumed they wouldn't entertain me if I didn't turn up in a Transit flatbed and overalls ;).

Reply to
Wally

Hmm never used them, and their name suggests they might be expensive ;)

I just use a local independent supplier. Maybe I get a better deal being a commercial user, but they are pretty fair.

As a guide I recently had to buy a cut piece of 6"x1" x 8" long. It was just over 20 quid I think. Would of been cheaper with more material in the order but I was in a hurry.

I buy 2"x2" in 4m lengths for 2 lengths it's 100 +vat/ length. Got 5 lengths to order monday so we'll see ;)

Anyone want to buy 7/8" dia en1A cheap? Got a lot of 8" length here left over from a repeat job ;) Maybe ebay's an answer Ringwood precision seem to do well on there!

Wayne....

Reply to
Wayne Weedon

--Google for TCI Aluminum? They offer quite a few unusual items and are a really nice outfit to deal with. Not sure if they're global yet but I suspect so. But that piece is small enough you might be able to find it at a good junkyard, yes?

Reply to
steamer
32.5*11.5*2.5 ali

That size would cost me =A312.50.