Tap required

Hi

Can anyone suggest where I can get a single 5/32 x 32 tap? I have a single hole to tap out so don't want to buy a set as it will cost more than the item I need to tap is worth! I'm sure I had one somewhere but can I find it?

Thanks in advance Gaspode

Reply to
gaspode

In article , gaspode writes

Tracy Tools are your friends.

Failing that, where are you? Someone on here may be able to lend you a tap if you only need to do one hole.

Reply to
Nigel Eaton

Hi Gaspode,

I have one here that you can borrow. The only problem is that is is a plug tap and I have neither a taper or second to go with it.

If you want to borrow it then send me your snail addy to snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com and I'll pop it in the post.

If you want to buy one then you could try Tracy Tools mail order.

Regards

Reply to
Bob Minchin

gaspode wrote: :: Hi :: :: Can anyone suggest where I can get a single 5/32 x 32 tap? I have a :: single hole to tap out so don't want to buy a set as it will cost :: more than the item I need to tap is worth! I'm sure I had one :: somewhere but can I find it? :: :: Thanks in advance :: Gaspode

Have you got any freindly engineering companies local to you..... if so.. they are always worh an ask, especialy if it is just the one hole, and you can do it "on site"

Reply to
Tim Bird

Many thanks for the advise and kind offers, Tracy have them in stock and I will send for one. Also gives me a chance to slip a couple of other new toys in - just to make up the minimum order of course!

Thanks gaspode

Reply to
gaspode