tapping copper pipe

Any suggestions for tapping copper pipe? I'm making a dog's ear of it and
could do with some help. 4mm od.
Thanks,
Reply to
Peter Fairbrother
Try a roll thread tap, they have no flutes and displace the material, work ace in soft stuff like copper and with no flutes they don't dig in and snatch.
-- Regards,
John Stevenson Nottingham, England.
John Stevenson
And lubricating with milk is the recommendation for copper I believe, preferably just after lubricating the mechanic with Scotch. Mike
Reply to
mike
ISTR milk recommended as 2nd choice after turpentine - not turps substitute or white spirit - the real stuff. But clean well afterwards or it will leave a gummy deposit.
Reply to
Charles Lamont
"Any suggestions for tapping copper pipe? I'm making a dog's ear of i
and could do with some help. 4mm od."
Hang it from the ceiling with some No 4 twine and use a small, resonan hammer.
If you cluster several bits of copper pipe around a central bit of thi walled ali tube and let the wind blow it's self-tapping.
Ok , its late!
Thanks
this thread:
rsss