TCT tips

I have a set of lathe tools with triangular replaceable tips The tools are just under 1/2" square.

I have seen plenty of the diamond shaped replacement tips but not seen any of the triangular tips.

Does anyone know a good place to get these, and how do I identify then so that I am sure that they are the right ones.

Thanks

Stewart

Reply to
Stewart Bryant

Chronos sell both sorts.

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

It would depend if the holders are designed for inserts complying with ISO standards. Just about all my toolholders are Stellram which I believe use proprietary inserts.

You may find dimensions on one of these sites.

Lionel

Reply to
Lionel

best guess.....

the insert is probablt a TPUN style, andd may be specified as follows

TPUN-16 - 04 -04

style of insert - lenght of side - thickness (as a code i think) - corner rad

try looking at the j&l website

you should be able to to find something that will suit your needs there

HTH

Reply to
Tim Bird