TCT tips

I have a set of lathe tools with triangular replaceable tips The tools are just under 1/2" square.

I have seen plenty of the diamond shaped replacement tips but not seen any of the triangular tips.

Does anyone know a good place to get these, and how do I identify then so that I am sure that they are the right ones.



Reply to
Stewart Bryant
Loading thread data ...

Chronos sell both sorts.

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

It would depend if the holders are designed for inserts complying with ISO standards. Just about all my toolholders are Stellram which I believe use proprietary inserts.

You may find dimensions on one of these sites.

formatting link
formatting link

Reply to

best guess.....

the insert is probablt a TPUN style, andd may be specified as follows

TPUN-16 - 04 -04

style of insert - lenght of side - thickness (as a code i think) - corner rad

try looking at the j&l website

formatting link
you should be able to to find something that will suit your needs there


Reply to
Tim Bird

PolyTech Forum website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.