tool gloat or white elephant

won this on ebay brought it a bit blind
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item 0051717358
andrew

Andrew,
You will find it very useful occassionally. Is that a Mikron 75? That's now at least four of us with Mikron hobbers in this Newsgroup. I have a Mikron 112, as does Phil Procter, and I think Tim has one like yours.
AWEM
On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 14:58:04 -0000, "Andrew Mawson"

Not quite right, mine is a 102, which has the benefit of handling up to 5" dia gears.
Does it come with any hobs?
Cheers Tim
On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 15:12:34 +0000, Tim Leech

I have some Micron spare hobs from a machine I parted out a while ago. From memory all fine ones 30 to 60 DP's -- Regards,
John Stevenson Nottingham, England.
will I have to stick to micron hobs or can others be fitted
Thanks

On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 15:56:47 -0000, "Andrew Bishop"

Mine is designed for 3/8" bore hobs, I have some with 7/16" & 1/2" bore which I use with a sleeve, no problem. Length of hob might be something you have to watch.
Tim
not sure about the hobs as I could'nt get hold of the vendor untill after the aution end I was going to build one but thought by the time I brought the castings this would be beter use of funds as having knee on mill reground is costing 400+vat

On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 13:46:37 -0000, "Andrew Bishop"

That looks rather nice :-))
Enjoy the trip to collect it, or are you having it sent up by carrier?
Peter -- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Luton, UK snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk http://www.prepair.co.uk
going for a pallet option although I going to Plymouth in two weeks if I take a bigger vehicle its cheaper to pallet rather than extra cost of fuel

On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 16:05:36 -0000, "Andrew Bishop"

Got a 4kVA alternator to pick up down there, got any spare room?
Peter -- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Luton, UK snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk http://www.prepair.co.uk
be going in just a hatchback how big

On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 18:07:50 -0000, "Andrew Bishop"

Bit heavy for a hatchback floor, it's not hugely big. Not to worry, I'll end up that way eventually :-))
Peter -- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Luton, UK snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk http://www.prepair.co.uk
how heavy I not to fussed about the car and has uprated rear suspention Andrew

On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 21:22:47 -0000, "Andrew Bishop"

Data sheet says 26kg but work on 30kg.
Peter -- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk Web: http://www.oldengine.org/members/diesel
don't have a problem with that the plan is to go up to Plymouth around the weekend of 9th of dec
Andrew

On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 22:59:07 -0000, "Andrew Bishop"

OK, that's very kind of you to offer to collect and transport it back.
Where are you located? We would need to arrange a meeting point or I can collect from your place. Email me off-list so we can exchange details please.
Many thanks,
Peter -- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk Web: http://www.oldengine.org/members/diesel
On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 07:29:08 +0000, Peter A Forbes

Peter
Andrew's over my way so I might be able to to the trip to Luton from the east coast.
Charles
On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 08:55:35 +0000, Charles Ping

Thanks, Charles, I am looking at meeting Andrew at the A1/M25 services perhaps, but may well ask for your assistance if that cannot be done.
Peter -- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Luton, UK snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk http://www.prepair.co.uk
John
Can you send me a list of the spare Mikron hobs you have please.
Thanks Phil Procter
Prepair Ltd wrote:

On Sun, 26 Nov 2006 15:52:18 +0000, Prepair Ltd

Royal Mail parcels?? <G>
Regards, Tony