tool gloat or white elephant

won this on ebay brought it a bit blind

andrew

Reply to
Andrew Bishop

Andrew,

You will find it very useful occassionally. Is that a Mikron 75? That's now at least four of us with Mikron hobbers in this Newsgroup. I have a Mikron 112, as does Phil Procter, and I think Tim has one like yours.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Not quite right, mine is a 102, which has the benefit of handling up to 5" dia gears.

Does it come with any hobs?

Cheers Tim

Tim Leech

I have some Micron spare hobs from a machine I parted out a while ago. From memory all fine ones 30 to 60 DP's

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

That looks rather nice :-))

Enjoy the trip to collect it, or are you having it sent up by carrier?

Peter

Prepair Ltd

Reply to
Andrew Bishop

will I have to stick to micron hobs or can others be fitted

Reply to
Andrew Bishop

Reply to
Andrew Bishop

Mine is designed for 3/8" bore hobs, I have some with 7/16" & 1/2" bore which I use with a sleeve, no problem. Length of hob might be something you have to watch.

Tim

Tim Leech

Royal Mail parcels??

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

Reply to
Andrew Bishop

Got a 4kVA alternator to pick up down there, got any spare room?

Peter

Prepair Ltd

Tailstock for the mandrel's missing. Cheap enough though. Firm I used to work for had a Mikron briefly but sold it on as being too small for the range of work we were doing. Also had a couple of largish vertical Pfauters and a few small vertical hobbers (all running in neat cutting oil). Thankfully I was hired to do one off (mostly repair) work and seldom had to have anything to do with the oily buggers! Cheers, Scruff.

Andrew Bish> won this on ebay brought it a bit blind

Reply to
scruffybugger

Reply to
Andrew Bishop

Bit heavy for a hatchback floor, it's not hugely big. Not to worry, I'll end up that way eventually :-))

Peter

Prepair Ltd

Bargain, even if it is completely shot, it will weigh in for more than you paid!

Reply to
SimonJ

Reply to
Andrew Bishop

Data sheet says 26kg but work on 30kg.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

don't have a problem with that the plan is to go up to Plymouth around the weekend of 9th of dec

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Bishop

OK, that's very kind of you to offer to collect and transport it back.

Where are you located? We would need to arrange a meeting point or I can collect from your place. Email me off-list so we can exchange details please.

Many thanks,

Peter

Peter A Forbes