Tube

Is it possible to get a plastic tube with an inside diamter of 230mm? Nowhere sells it. Im not bothered about type of plastic or wall thickness.

Reply to
Himszy

How much do you need, plastics companies will make a custom die for you if you buy over 500m :-)

Have you tried

they have quite a large stock of plastic.

Stephen

Reply to
Stephen

I need 3m

Reply to
Himszy

LOL

Reply to
Tom

Could you not bore out something with a smaller diameter?

Or, if water or air tightness is not a consideration, take a linear slice out of a larger bore tube, close up and glue.

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

Would this be the hull of a model submarine by any chance?

I've seen large diameter plastic pipe in B&Q warehouse for ground drainage, don't what size or construction it is though.

Make up your own using fibreglass applied to a tube of rolled up floor covering as a mould? Then you would have a lot more scope for "design changes"!

Steve

Reply to
Steve

Yeah steve looks like I will have to make one myself. Its actually for the WTC inside my submarine rather than the hull.

Reply to
Himszy

They have just put new plastic gas pipe along the road on the way to my local post office. Finished the job about a week ago. The yellow plastic pipe was somewhere near this size. Have you tried your local gas company or even electric company as they also use plastic ducting.

Just a thought, try googleing round plastic DUCTING. Land drainage - farm supplies?

Lionel

Reply to
Lionel

| Is it possible to get a plastic tube with an inside diamter of 230mm? | Nowhere sells it. Im not bothered about type of plastic or wall thickness.

There are always lots of small companies in every area selling everything you might need to the Trade. Look in Yellow pages.

I always ignore *TRADE ONLY* signs, walk up to the counter and ask for what I want. The people behind the counter are IME always knowledgeable and only too happy to advise. Always offer *cash* these companies have problems with other companies paying bills late, if at all. They can not resist cash when offered.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop
10 " nominal bore pipe has an OD of 273mm, for 8" OD the is 210mm.

Davis Industrial plastics list 2 grades of 8" PVC, and one of ABS, so might be able to help with a pipe that's close to what you want.

( Tel 01293 552 836 )

Reply to
Jonathan Barnes

OD of 8" nominal bore pipe is 219.1 mm

Tom

Reply to
Tom

Agreed, apologies for the typo, I also omitted the .1 on the end... should have quoted 8 5/8" :-( And as it happens, 10" nominal is 10 3/4" OD

Jonathan.

Reply to
Jonathan Barnes