Was Quotion Mistress-making your own

Somewhere in the loft I have one or two stepper motors taken from broken plotters, some power supplies from broken electronic balances, a batch of old circuit boards, a couple of broken, televisions, a couple of redundant dot matrix printers, a BBC Master and an Acorn Archimedes. I could also dig out a box or two of electronic components of unknown type and age, two ultrasonic testing sets, 3 Squirrel data loggers and some old 12volt batteries.

Given the above and a little help from Mr Bean I will without doubt soon be able to operate my workshop from my armchair in the sitting room whilst watching the television. ---??? .Someone might be good enough to explain exactly what a Quotion Mistress is

Donald

Reply to
A. N. Other

According to Mr Bean it is something that he's not quite sure of that is built from some of the objects you mention but not necessarily in that order. You look to have all the equipment needed with the exception of the guts from an energiser bunny.

When completed it will do some of the tasks he's though of for it but not having a net connection he can't read what the proper version does and so his will only do part of what he thinks the full version will do.

I'm sorry if this sounds a little vague but the information in this post has been gleaned from his recent posts.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

Reply to
John Stevenson

You need several washing up liquid bottles & a large amount of sticky-backed plastic as well, of course.

I suspect it was just Mr Bean being divisive ;-)

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

That's the spirit! The hobby of model engineering has always been about adapting what-is-to-hand. Well done, that man!

Reply to
Airy R. Bean

Mr Bean old Son --- He was taking the piss

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

Reply to
John Stevenson

Don't forget - no where in the process will be any version of Windows software because it's impossible then.

A Quotion Mistress is the lady who gives Bean his Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT) at his second home.

-- Steve Blackmore

Reply to
Steve Blackmore

I thought it was a reject blow up doll

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

Reply to
John Stevenson

More post please from Mr Airy R. Bean is required to assist Mr A. N. Other and the rest of the NG to go into production of the be all-end all workshop rotator. It would of course be run by the latest BBC micro on a Unix platform, more stable than windows thus more capable of sustaining the high torque required for rotating workshops. Of necessity it would require hard wiring with lots of messy expensive cables as PCB's take to much development time thus eat into the sale price. Stepper motors will not be used (to difficult) we will therefore use good old fashioned DC motors with Fanuc encoders attatched, this will result in the workshop being able to be revolved in 1/1000 degree increments. The rapid movements being taken care of by linear motors with a speed of 60metres per minute. The only problem that I can forsee will be in the bearing size required for pivoting the workshop around its central point, the would have to be preloaded opposing tapered rollers at the very least (maybe to pricey so oilite will have to do there).

A.N.Other Dave

Reply to
Dave Jones