Making Your Own Wind Chime

The beautiful sounds you get from wind chimes. So soothing to listen to. I love hanging all different kinds of wind chimes in my tree in the backyard. There are many kinds of wind chimes to choose from out there, but it all comes down to what kind of sound you like to hear. I personally do not have a favorite. They all sound so relaxing to me. Just sitting back and having a nice cold lemonade or ice tea, and listening to the wind blowing through the chimes. Wind Chimes also let you know when a storm is coming. I can always tell by the way the wind is blowing and the louder they get. I found an article that shows you how to make your own wind chimes.

Peace and Love Hippie Chick

Hippie Chick

Wind chimes oughtta be made illegal. Or the people who put them up, within 250 feet of a neighbors' house, shot.

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

"Proctologically Violated©®" wrote in message news:g6vXh.34$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe12.lga...

Shooting wind chimes is actually legal in some states. States of drunkenness, states of sleeplessness, states of stupor, etc.

On a windy day with a pellet gun,no one notices, either.

hehe

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Naw! Scrounge up enough old gas bottles to make a huge one. Hang it the day before you go on vacation. Between your house and theirs.

Or build an aeolian harp. Tune it to a scale popular for Chinese opera, or East Indian music.

You should be able to convince them that noise making ornaments are a bad idea in the hood.

:-)

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones

A dude after my own heart. Except I'd do it simpler. I'd get a $9.99 wind chime, a microphone, and a 7-foot stage guitar amp, or Altec Lansing Voice of the Theatre speakers. Chime on this, muthafuckas....

Barbara Streisand, on Voice of theTheatres, would be effective, as well. :)

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

Assorted whale sounds tapes, transferred onto a reel to reel deck with a timer.

Do you recall the units that used to be advertised in the back of mags like Pop. Mech, that screwed into a wall and used it as a sounding board for a speaker?

I have it on pretty good authority that they work well on cheap duplex walls. Turned down low. In the night. ...

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones

ROFLMFAO..

About 35 years ago I was doing professional sound.. Our shop was across a driveway from a high perf 'cigarette boat' place... They'd fire up the 454's and point the exaust stacks at us and rev away for hours at a time... We asked NICELY several times to just point the headers away from us.. These 'good old boys' looked at our long hair and laughed...

Sooo... one morning I got pissed... backed our duce and half truck with an Altec 210 Box (the REAL Voice of the Theater..It's an A-7 on steroids, 8Ft tall and 3Ft wide, had a pair of JBL D-150's in it) stuck a 10 Cell horn with a wye throat and TWO 288's on it on top and pointed at 'em.... drug out the Crown DC300 amp, plugged in the HP auotcycling oscilator and set it for

10-10,000 HZ sweep, 10 second cycle time...... powered it up ...... and went home....

Came back that evening and took it all down... NEVER had a problem from those guys again... :-)

--.- Dave

"Proctologically Violated©®" wrote in message news:RXvXh.40$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe12.lga...

Reply to
Dave August

"Proctologically Violated©®" wrote in message news:RXvXh.40$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe12.lga...

We just got through with a Vietnamese church in our neighborhood. They would have outdoor celebrations, and I've only seen bigger speaker towers at ZZ Top concerts. Their singing and music can only be described as recorded cat torturing.

Anyhoo, the neighborhood took them to task, especially having it until 11 PM. As with ZZ Top concerts, you could hear it clearly anywhere within half a mile. After several complaints, and trips to the county commissioner's meetings, we did get them to quit with the outdoor presentations.

I do wonder what they did with those speaker towers and the surviving cats.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

"Proctologically Violated©®" wrote in message news:RXvXh.40$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe12.lga...

Or,......... You could talk to your neighbor in a reasonable voice and let them know that their "lovely music" is giving you a headache.

Mark

Reply to
Mark Dunning

Surviving cats? Surely you jest.

Wes

Reply to
clutch

Next door neighbour asked me, several years ago, if her wind chimes bothered me. My reply was "they aren't loud enough!" Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

On a calm day, with an accurate pellet gun, you can make music. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

I promise (places hand over heart) to give your kitty a good home for the rest of his life!

:-)

Used that line on a class of gradeschool kids that had some chicks that were getting too big and too smelly to keep in their class. The poultry DID live the rest of it's life on a nice acreage in the country, too. :-)

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones

"Proctologically Violated©®" wrote in message news:RXvXh.40$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe12.lga... snip-----

Fingernails on a blackboard. That's what she's like.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

Dave August wrote in article ...

What a d*****ad!

They are conducting a legal business, while you intentionally created a nuisance.

I wonder which way a judge would go if it ever came to court......

Reply to
*

You'd think, right? Almost never works. In fact, can start wars. Seems the **only** two solutions are to grit yer teeth and bear it (not a real solution), or to fight fire with fire, a la some of the other posts here. "They" just seem to unnerstand that a whole lot more. Sad, and go figger.

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

I remember those speakers! My god, people musta died, one way or the other, over those things. A plague on humanity.

And we now have their rolling equivalent: Homeys and other muthafuckas with their megaphone tailpipes and 4,000 W trunk stereos.

Ahm desperately tryna stay out of jail over this shit--esp. cuz it's none too quiet in there, either. And, also cuz ahm really good lookin.....

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

You obviously don't have an effing clue.

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

No, the most grating vocal song I can think of to blast at them with several KW of power is the one that proves that the AutoTune should be banned forever due to abuse - Cher, "Believe" aka "Do You Believe In Love?"

Although an album to the effect of "Favorite Tunes For Bagpipes and CordoVox" (a bastard cross between a Hammond B3 Keyboard and an Amplified Accordion) would rank right up there...

Optimist: A professional accordion player with a pager.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

Ive a sticker on my banjo case (next to the Will Pick for Food sticker)

"Play the Accordion, go to jail Its the Law"

Gunner

"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for Western civilization as it commits suicide"

- James Burnham

Reply to
Gunner