UK should ban knifes next

The horror, the horror !!!!!

When will the UK finally ban all knives and end the carnage ?

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
azotic

I was watching a history of knives. In the days of yore in Jolly Olde, every man carried his own pointed knife to dinner at the royal table, for cutting and spearing meat. Then, one of the kings had some special knives made that had the first rounded tips so that the "gentlemen" would leave all their knives at home.

STeve

Reply to
Steve B

================ From the news articles the UK does have serious and increasing problems, with rapidly increasing numbers of instances and levels of violence. As a quick review of the attached articles shows, while the level of fire-arm related violence *MAY* have been reduced by the draconian bans, it has by no means been eliminated, and whether you are shot, stabbed or beaten to death with a table leg you are still dead.

The base causes appear to be about the same as they are in the US, namely overcrowding in the urban areas, lack of employment with jobless rates as high as 30 percent in some urban areas, uncontrolled migration and non-assimilation, and depopulation of the rural areas. This is compounded by the attempt of the well meaning municipal governments to impose their upper class lifestyle including preferences for leisure and recreational activities on everyone, regardless of their financial standing or individual preference.

for examples see

course its up to one a day in Philadelphia]
?id=484102007
?id=566742007
?id=631902007
compilation see
?tid=637
this does not help either
Unka' George ================ When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary. Thomas Paine (1737-1809), Anglo-American political theorist, writer. Common Sense, ch. 4 (1776).

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

At 10:15 that morning, 37-year-old former janitor Mamoru Takuma entered the school armed with a kitchen knife and began stabbing numerous school children and teachers. He killed eight children, mostly between the ages of seven and eight, and seriously wounded thirteen other children and two teachers. Takuma was later convicted and sentenced to death by hanging. The sentence was executed on September 14, 2004. [1]

"I don't want to abolish government. I simply want to reduce it to the size where I can drag it into the bathroom and drown it in the bathtub.

-- Grover Norquist

Reply to
Gunner