Way To Go

We look like having a factory move on our hands between now and March 2007 when our present lease expires (23 years in the same place!)

One possibility is a local engineering place who manufacture very nice components in 316 Stainless, and who are within a good two stones throw from where we live. The idea of walking to work appeals strongly after 20 years of commuting to Luton every day.

One of the more interesting devices is their TesaScan 80 optical measuring/reporting unit. £50K work of very accurate computer-driven scanner which checks and measures parts and produces hard copy for every item with pass/fail and a graph showing how far away from the upper/lower limits the part is for all the parameters checked.

The scanning is done by light as far as I could see, and the detail it could pick up was excellent.

Very impressive and obviously the way production of fine limit parts is going to go. They are also marking each piece with a part number and unique serial number, and soon the marking and the inspection will be linked to give a very good traceability function for their manufacturing process.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

It sounds like a very updated version of the old shadowgraphs we used to use 50 years ago.

Reply to
Neil Ellwood