what lathe is this ?, - and the car ?.

Er, no...

Tim

Reply to
Tim Leech

Try Whitworth rifle in Google. You may be surprised!

Henry (but not the one who also made rifles!)

Reply to
Dragon

Rubbish >

If Joseph Whitworth was a baboon, by comparison, your position on Darwin's list would be just above the single celled amoeba

Tom

Reply to
Tom

if I'm above

I see you left room for yourself then . :)

baboon reference was just humour ... actually i admire the man .

interesting that the bullets should be shaped like that ..

I'm the first to admit I'm wrong ... looks like i am again ..

must remember not to speculate .

some nasty buggers here ...that will hang draw and quarter you

and condemn you .........not having met you talked to you or seen you in real life .

sorry it has to be like this .

all the best..mark

Reply to
mark

Yeah right, it showed.

In real life I'd have the cauldron boiling and the feathers plucked in very short time... >

Speculate all you like, no problem, just don't let your prejudices cause you to post like a jerk.

Tom

Reply to
Tom

I am one of the fortunate [ or unfortunate ? ] people who has met Tom in real life when he was on a pole to pole exploration of finding floor space and called in one day.

Now to some Tom may seen an cantankerous, cantankerous old bastard on the news groups but I can assure readers that in real life he's no different..................

Reply to
John Stevenson

Well, that'll be a saving, one less on the Christmas card list.....

Reply to
Tom

How do you mean one less ? I didn't get one last year, just the usual begging letter.

Reply to
John Stevenson

Not even from your Gert? Or was that the begging letter?

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Actually I blew the budget last year and sent you both a card and a real beer calendar. But being the double cantankerous old barstard you opine, they obviously weren't worthy of acknowledgment... :-(

Reply to
Tom

I'm afraid that a lot of Joe Public do!

Rob.

Reply to
Robert Wilson

I know, & I find that extremely worrying :-(

Tim

Reply to
Tim Leech

Plymouth in the USA did it a decade or more earlier.

More descriptive than Areo wheel though.

Need to scroll down a bit.

G.Harman

Reply to
oldship

Care to elaborate on that, please? I'd have though rifling would be much the same as cutting an internal thread. Joe W's rifles had a roundy cornered hex bore, one twist every 20".

Regards,

David P.

Reply to
David Powell