What's the current scrap value of ...

... 2.5 tonnes of steel plate that has been welded into a 34' x 10' x

10' structure ?

Thanks,

David

Reply to
mangled_us

£105/tonne max. However, you may have trouble weighing it in if the scrappie doesn't have a full-sized weighbridge! ;-)

Reply to
Dave Osborne

We we`re getting =A3165/tonne collected for that sort of stuff a couple of weeks back and if anything prices have risen since.We got rid of 36 tonne. Mark.

Reply to
mark

I heard (on the grape vine) £180 for steel. It must be true because I notice that the effing Pikeys are pinching the gulley covers again!

Julian.

Reply to
Julian

the price of decent quality steel must be up as I am getting £70 a ton for assorted oldshite - printers, office chairs, computers - pretty much anything that has a steel content - even if it has a bigger plastic content!

Reply to
Dudley Simons

Thanks for all the answers, I've bookmarked the letsrecycle website - very useful,

David

Reply to
mangled_us

There's this one as well: