What's the current scrap value of ...

... 2.5 tonnes of steel plate that has been welded into a 34' x 10' x 10' structure ?
Thanks,
David

mangled snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

http://www.letsrecycle.com/prices/metals /
105/tonne max. However, you may have trouble weighing it in if the scrappie doesn't have a full-sized weighbridge! ;-)

We we`re getting 165/tonne collected for that sort of stuff a couple of weeks back and if anything prices have risen since.We got rid of 36 tonne. Mark.

I heard (on the grape vine) 180 for steel. It must be true because I notice that the effing Pikeys are pinching the gulley covers again!
Julian.
the price of decent quality steel must be up as I am getting 70 a ton for assorted oldshite - printers, office chairs, computers - pretty much anything that has a steel content - even if it has a bigger plastic content!
Thanks for all the answers, I've bookmarked the letsrecycle website - very useful,
David
mangled snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

There's this one as well:
http://www.lme.co.uk/dataprices.asp