Whistles

Never had much luck making whistles. Those that I've made to work at all make a pretty pathetic noise. I've based mine on the LBSC design. I managed to get one to work (just) on air at the weekend but it failed to work at all on steam! Anyone know of any "guaranted to work" designs?

regards

Dave Burrage

Reply to
david.burrage

I copied a genuine steam siren once off a destroyer. Whilst it worked very well on air [ you should have seen the old wrinklies making their way to the air raid shelters at the bottom of the gardens ] it never ran on steam even though it was a direct copy.

Another guy who copied the same one did get it working but he had to keep steam going thru it for a while to get rid of condensation first.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson