Latest threads in ⚙ Model Engineering in the UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

3mm OD x 1mm ID copper tubing?
Anyone know a source? 1/8 x 3/64 would do. thx Peter F
5
5

Qualters and Smith HDS 8
Looking for a Parts List and Operations Manual for the HDS 8, anybody got one or can point me in the right direction

home and hobby chemicals licensing
The UK Government is proposing to limit the concentration of acids and some other chemicals which home users with licenses can possess to the following: Hydrogen Peroxide 35% Nitric acid 10% Sulfuric...
3
3

Qualters and Smith HDS 8
Looking for a Parts List and Operations Manual for the HDS 8, anybody got one or can point me in the right direction

Help on screw size
Trying to identify a machine screw. Certainly not metric ... can anybody help identify the thread ... OD is 0.156" so assume its a 5/32" Pitch is 36 That is a fine pitch Only thing I can find that...
1
1

In the news today!
Actually, it's my green flag and I was standing behind the photographer ... Fun and fundraising is back on track now Bulkington’s Neville Boulton has reopened his garden railway.

Raised eyebrow; from a 6-year old!
Was assisting today at a birthday party at The Great bulkington Railway (we raise money for the air ambulance) and got a look of incredulity from a 6-year old lad when I discussed the bogies under the...
1
1

HUAQI tools
Any good? I'm looking for a 1/2" socket set with ratchet, drive bars etc. Suggestions? Ta Peter Fairbrother

Boxford 280 T. electrical fault
I have converted this lathe with the help of members to run on 240v about 5 years ago and it?s run fine ever since but after using it all morning I switched it on this pm and blew the RCD .I now can?t...
4
4

Boxford 280 T. electrical fault
I have converted this lathe with the help of members to run on 240v about 5 years ago and it?s run fine ever since but after using it all morning I switched it on this pm and blew the RCD .I now can?t...
1
1

Sandpaper woes
I have quite a lot of sandpaper, including some expensive stuff, and it is getting a little tatty. I thought I should buy something to keep it in, so I bought some not-so-cheap Really Useful boxes...
2
2

Anybody here?
A belated Happy Christmas and a better 2021. Anybody got any ideas for high temperature seals? I want to build a small vacuum annealing furnace, up to about 1150C. The inside will be 4x4 steel box...
16
16

Any recommendations for an edge finder?
I've been trying to decide whether to get a wiggler (probably not), a split cylinder type or an electronic type for edge finding. How repeatable are the "no-name" electronic types that are on eBay and...
1
1

Name a screw type
I have a need to find a replacement screw Luckily thread is nothing esoteric M4 x 8 If a Phillip head .... but the head is fairly wide ~10mm and pretty thin. Anybody know if there is a name for this...
2
2

DivisionMaster
3 or 4 years back, not sure which now, I purchased a DivisionMaster kit, which has remained unassembled just as it came. I wanted it as the first step to setting myself up for cutting horological...
2
2