Latest threads in ⚙ Model Engineering in the UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Myford Super 7 - ML7 parts interchange
A question to the Myford knowledgeable. Will a Myford Super 7 carriage/apron etc fit and operate on a ML7? Thanks for any time taken to answer. FrankC.

£300 MIG welder
Can I get a semi-decent welder for this price? I have gas gloves helmet apron etc already. Never done MIG, but I TIG and stick from time to time. Won't be used much, maximum thickness about 5mm though...
2
2

????Girl scout cookies, Master Kush, Blueb erry, Master Kush X Northern Light,
We supply high quality medicinal marijuana and other best strains of kush for sale at moderate prices. Girl scout cookies, Master Kush, Blueberry, Master Kush X Northern Light, OG Kush, Pineapple...

Hello guys we are a group of growth involved in the growing and selling
We supply high quality medicinal marijuana and other best strains of kush for sale at moderate prices. Girl scout cookies, Master Kush, Blueberry, Master Kush X Northern Light, OG Kush, Pineapple...

Moving Centec 2a?
How heavy is the machine? How many people would it take to move it? To cart it up a flight of stairs? Can it be disassembled into single-person loads? Ta Peter Fairbrother
2
2

stub drill set?
Anyone know of a source of non-silly-money stub drill sets? Looking for something like 1-13mm by 0.5mm, can get a half-decent HSS jobber set for Peter Fairbrother
1
1

Flat filing
I recently had to deburr a number of parts by flat filing then Noga-ing them. Unsurprisingly I got better as I went on, but one thing made a surprising difference - the order of hands and part on the...
3
3

Gauge fitting
I have a dash on a boat, in centre of dash is an oddment tray ... for sunglasses etc. This is the only free location to fit a 3'5" gauge. The back of this tray slopes away ... so if I just drilled...
1
1

Limit/position switches
I want to fit some position switches to my mill. I'd like the switching action to be as accurately repeatable as possible and/or reasonable. Any ideas? thx Peter Fairbrother
14
14

BSP Taper threads
Looking for advice on suitability of a BSP fitting. My need is to fit a 1" BSP male thread into a clearance hole is a thin(ish) plate and fix it there with a nut either side of the plate One of these...
2
2

Identify a thread
Been a while since I have been on this group ..... traffic seems very low ..... has everyone moved to a FB group or similar ? Anyway have a thread I could do with some help to identify. It's on a 2...
5
5

Case harden 316l?
Possible? Easy? thx
4
4

Where to buy a good screw cutting lathe?
I'm thinking of selling my Holbrook C10 and buying something a little smaller. Where do people advertise good quality used lathes these days?
6
6

Multitool Chucks- Lidl Parkside
I have several Dremel 'clones' and have replaced the collets with small chucks off Ebay on 2 of them without any issue- they seem to be the same size as the Dremel shank (or quill, if that is...
7
7

Death throes
It's a sure a newsgroup is near death when spammers, junkies, deviants and other low-life scum move in. I'll give it a few more months before rigor mortis sets in.
5
5