Latest threads in ⚙ Model Engineering in the UKshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Filter success
This is to let this newsgroup know I have successfully set up a filter in Thunderbird to eliminate all messages from a certain crazy spammer who who insists on cross posting to many newsgroups from...
2
2

Midlands Model Engineering Exhibition
Car park very full today and long delay at the roadworks just before Stow-on-the-Wold. The excellent full breakfast available until 11AM is to be recommended!

Re: Paging Brian Reay !!!
G is for galoot.
2
2

Sheet Roll bending machine
Found a few surplus bits of 20mm round linear rail and thought I'd have a go at building a sheet roll-bending machine. It's for light ally. Had a look, and there seems to be several roll placement and...
1
1

reamer question
I have to cut some 22mm diameter pockets for bearings. They have to be a fixed to press fit fit, ie not moving around any under load but still separable with a puller or a mallet. Normally I'd cut...
14
14

Centec Milling Machine Forum
Since Yahoo changed, the Centec Forum seems to have died. I know there are other Centec owners on this group and I wondered if they have any idea of what is happening to the Forum? John H
1
1

shop air quick connects
Just got some air tools, I think I should only use one type of quick connector if possible throughout the workshop. So, which is better, vertex/pcl or euro? Price isn't a factor with the small number...
11
11

welding indoors
I want to do some welding indoors, stick and TIG, and want to build a welding station. I have slightly dicky lungs, and need clean air. Has anyone used a downdraught station? eg Looks good, but I...
6
6

tapping very short blind hole
I want to tap a blind hole about 4mm deep in 5mm aluminium plate, without disturbing the other side. M5 thread, or so. Any ideas how to go about it? ta Peter Fairbrother
6
6

Copper shot?
Hi, I'm looking for some round(ish) copper balls, about 1/4" dia. Any suggestions? I'll need about a litre, it's for a TIG atmosphere box, eg: ta Peter Fairbrother
9
9

KNEX
There having been no responses, I have bit the bullet and bought a small kit, to be faced with the disappointment that came with a Meccano set 0, so little in the box for the money. However, also...

Thread form/type for plastic.
I'm trying to determine if the screws used in plastic -metal screws into 'hard' plastic, typically found on things like TV cases etc. I'm thinking of the screws that don't go into metal bushes- have a...
6
6

KNEX?
In scientific and engineering programmes on the telly, KNEX seems to have displaced Meccano and Lego. Any comments, experiences?
1
1

stepper motor question
hi chaps (if anyone is still here) When you turn a stepper motor with no current flowing it resists turning. Anyone know what that property is called? Also, is there such a thing as a stepper motor...
4
4

The Eureka Clock
Please can someone point out to ne the editions of ME that had construtcion details for an Eureka clock? Having switched fro 16mm narrow gauge to horology it's the one type of electric clock that is...
3
3