Annealing Polyamide 11

I'm currently looking at the affects of annealing PA11 at 47 degrees C
for 2 hours. I'm carrying out the research using a flexible rilsan
grade. DSC studies have revealed unusual melting behaviour following
annealing. The PA11 melts in two stages, a small peak at 180 degrees
C and then a larger peak at 190 degrees C. Any ideas on why this
could be happening?
Reply to
Ricky Fontana
This melting double-peak has to do with the crystalline morphology = formed during melting (temperature & time), cooling (rate) and annealing = (temperature & time) of the sample, i.e. its history prior to the = DSC-measurement, and consequently which of the d, d' or triclinic = a-phase dominates. I suggest you read below, for example, and/or search = for more:
I'm currently looking at the affects of annealing PA11 at 47 degrees C
Reply to
Rolf Wissmann

Site Timeline