antistatic problem

I am having difficulty getting surface resistivity down in a blended film using a reasonable percentage (currently about 4%) of an antistatic masterbatch.

Looking at the A/Stat MB specs, I see that increased surface resistivity results if a black (carbon) masterbatch is also used, and I have been told that this will occur with any additional masterbatches such as colour and process aid.

I was surprised that a conductive carbon additive would raise the surface resistivity, and wonder if anyone can cast some light on this problem in general.

All the best

Ian Macmillan

Reply to
Ian Macmillan