Effective cutting of PET

I am working on a prototype project that involves using PET sheet. I was wondering if any of you have any real life experience cutting PET sheet with a steel rule die. If so, what was the maximum sheet thickness you could cut? The part I am working on is about .025"-.030" thick and I wish to make a number of slits in it about 2" long. I don't wish to remove any material along the slit, just "score" the sheet (I do need the die knife to penetrate all the way through the PET). If any of you can give me any first hand info, I'd be appreciate it immensely.

Thanks Greg Postma

Reply to
Greg Postma