polymer science university

Hi to all,

Can anybody please suggest me good universities for Polymer science for doing MS. I am aware of Univerisity of messachussets, akron lehigh eastern michigan unversity

Reply to
vineet

Chico State in Northern CA.

Reply to
L Alpert

University of Connecticut is a good school for Polymer Science. There's good research done at Stanford & Caltech too (Grubbs, the Nobel prize winner is a prof at Caltech).

Reply to
A Espinoza

One more thing. Don't waste your time getting an MS. Go straight to a Ph.D. program. An MS in poymer science is not very useful.

Reply to
A Espinoza

There are a number of good schools: Pennsylvania State University Southern Miss. NC State- Material Science Also in Textile chemistry and Polymer Science NC Chapel Hill UC Santa Barbara

It really comes doen to your interest

Contrary to popular belief you can be successful with an MS. Unfortunately not all programs allow MS. It all comes down to how hard you work, and your eagerness to learn.

Have fun

Reply to
Patrick

Reply to
A Espinoza

Add Case Western. I studied chem. there but they do have a good polymer science dept. Frank

Reply to
Frank Logullo

Most of the academic polymer research is done by people that are not in polymer science programs. Instead they are in the ChE, ME, Chem, ... departments. If you can join them, you will have a broader education which is far more valuable than a departmentalized one. (Been there, done that, enjoying the rewards immensely.)

Specialization is for insects.

John Aspen Research, -

"Turning Questions into Answers"

john.spevacek