Re: EPDM to blend with calendering type PP

Like Rolf, I would also recommend DuPont Dow Elastomer's Engage ethylene elastomer for this application. The lack of diene in Engage improves the heat, thermal, and UV resistance of the elastomer. For a calendering process, I would suggest that you evaluate a low melt index product such as Engage 8100 or Engage 8150.

Larry Effler

Erez Volach wrote:

I've read many article and reports about blending PP and EPDM for > high-impact and soft feel PP products (for auto industry / mosty injection > molding). I work for a thermoplastic company and we use calendering for > sheets and membranes. We use a calendering grade of PP for liners and > roofings. I am looking for a grade of EPDM that would impart flexibility to > the (usually stiff) PP. What grades are available ? Is there a pelletized > grade than can be readily blended with PP grains ? > > Thanks, E.V.
Reply to
Larry Effler