Software Flow 2000

Thank you! That is good suggestion. The thing is my boss won't like
outside design and make the die. The other problem is I could not
find some die maker in Ontario, Canada. We have problem with most of
our current die, too. The software for profile extrusion die would be
US$25000+TAX+training. I have thought the software would help me with
die simulation and design, so I can go ahead to modify the die....
I don't think why I could not follow my former post, so I copied the
former post:
I'm not sure what the cost is of the software you are considering but
I do
know that the cost of a poorly designed die can be enormous. Given
both
your personal and your company's inexperience in die design and
manufacturing, you may just want to pay the cost of having a tooling
company
both design and make the die for you. This is especially true if as
you
indicate, having new dies made will be a relatively rare occurance.
If your
profile is especially complicated, I would recommend having a
multi-plate
profile die made up. This makes for easier and less expensive
modifications
if the die needs to be tweaked later to get the performance you desire
from
it.
Larry Effler
I am going to do profile die design. I am very new in die design
> (only took two die design courses when I was in school). I am just
> wondering if someone has experience with Flow 2000. I sure found some
> good feedback about it. Because it is very expensive software, I
> really hope I could get some suggest from you, before I recommend it
> to my boss. We don't have many new products, so it may take very long
> to get it pay back.....
>
> Thank you
Reply to
Lily Liu