styrene in paints and coatings

My team is investigating the use of styrene in oil and acrylic paints and coatings from the 1940s to present. Patent and literature searches are underway, but we have found little information pertaining to the 1940 and 50s. Use during that period seems restricted largely to butadiene copolymer rubbers and emulsions.

References to published information or referrals to individuals wuld be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
James Martin