"free" styrene supplier

I found this post on the Starship Modeler site, might be worth checking into----

Hi all~ I'm a longtime admirer of the amazing work posted in and around this site. I finally happened to notice yesterday that many of you who scratchbuild use sheet styrene. It struck me as odd, really, because I work in a plastic factory where we extrude...wait for it.....sheet styrene, in a variety of colors, thicknesses, and gloss and matte finishes. You'd be surprised at what we throw away and grind up in a night. Rather than see it go to waste, if I can be of any assistance in helping you locate sheet styrene for your needs, please, e-mail me and I'll see what I can get ahold of for you from the scrap boxes we send out. All I'll ever ask is reimbursement for postage, as I get it for nothing. We also run varying thicknesses of clear and holographic laminating film, as well...perhaps it could be useful as a window/canopy? It starts with a matte finish but clears once a low heat is applied (i.e. a hairdryer works fine) At any rate, if I can be of any help, please e-mail me and let me know! Michael 8/2 His email is Bad snipped-for-privacy@insightbb.com

When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return. --Leonardo Da Vinci EAA # 729686 delete .mil.nav to email

Reply to
Disco -- FlyNavy
Digital_Cowboy