"free" styrene supplier

I found this post on the Starship Modeler site, might be worth checking
into----
Hi all~ I'm a longtime admirer of the amazing work posted in and around this
site. I finally happened to notice yesterday that many of you who scratchbuild
use sheet styrene. It struck me as odd, really, because I work in a plastic
factory where we extrude...wait for it.....sheet styrene, in a variety of
colors, thicknesses, and gloss and matte finishes. You'd be surprised at what
we throw away and grind up in a night. Rather than see it go to waste, if I can
be of any assistance in helping you locate sheet styrene for your needs,
please, e-mail me and I'll see what I can get ahold of for you from the scrap
boxes we send out. All I'll ever ask is reimbursement for postage, as I get it
for nothing. We also run varying thicknesses of clear and holographic
laminating film, as well...perhaps it could be useful as a window/canopy? It
starts with a matte finish but clears once a low heat is applied (i.e. a
hairdryer works fine) At any rate, if I can be of any help, please e-mail me
and let me know! Michael 8/2 His email is Bad snipped-for-privacy@insightbb.com
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your
eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to
return. --Leonardo Da Vinci
EAA # 729686
delete .mil.nav to email
Reply to
Disco -- FlyNavy
And snipped-for-privacy@aol.com.mil.nav (Disco -- FlyNavy) opened up and revealed to the world news: snipped-for-privacy@mb-m28.aol.com:
Disco,
He sounds like a good egg. And when I start to build my cars I'll know where to turn for material to build the garages with.
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy