Thin polymer film thickness measurement

I wish to measure the thickness of a polymer layer deposited on top of a plastic substrate. Does anyone know of any UK companies which can carry out thin film thickness measurements of this type?

Reply to
jk

How thin, how accurate do you want it measured, are you proposing a non-destructive measurement or a removal technique?

-- Anton

Reply to
anton

The polymer layer is nominally 6 micrometers thick and is deposited above a 635-micrometer layer of plastic. I would like to measure it using a non-destructive technique (ideally) to within

0.25-micrometers, or better

Reply to
jk

There are various companies that make non destructive thickness gauges, though I am not sure of the capabilities of how thin they will read. I tested an On Line Controls ultrasonic gauge on a co-extrusion (tubing), and was able to get concentricity measurements of each layer (

Reply to
L Alpert

Thank you for this information, I will contact the companies which you have mentioned

Reply to
jk