White powder ?

I have seen, after a perrod of 6 to 7 years, used electrical
contactor's plastic casing (I believed
made of nylon glass filled ) coated with white powder and glass fibre.
I am curious to know what is the cause of this ? Dear members can any
person give me some pointer.Thanks
Regards
Reply to
mowhoong
Could be from anywhere, from outside or from inside the plastic part, = depending on the environmental situation during those 6-7 years ...
Since you mention "nylon glass filled", the white powder could be = caprolactam, if the nylon is a nylon 6 and the glass fibres could be = from inside the resin. But then you ought to see somewhere some signs = for material degradation on the surface of the contactor.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:
Reply to
Rolf Wissmann

Site Timeline