After only 11 years, we are going to have to raise prices!!

Lots of pain here in Mudville.......For the first time since 1996, we are going to have to raise our price on "Strip-A-Kit". Up until now, we have managed to hold the line at $8 per bottle by swallowing a variety of fees. This is no longer possible - during the past several months we have seen our costs rise dramatically.

Container costs have increased somewhere close to 45% and we just started using a new, more expensive "Polycap" which should keep the product alive and potent for several years.

Then came the really nasty shock! Our latest order from our manufacturing agent arrived along with an apology for the 65% increase in cost!! Seems as though some of the organic components in our formula have become much more costly due to increased utilization (read "shortage") in the marketplace.

Finally, there is the small matter of the upcoming Postal rate increase ............

So that's it! The coming year will determine whether we will continue to offer Strip-A-Kit to modelers. If our costs continue to escalate, we may have to withdraw the product from the marketplace. We shall see, eh?

For current costs and shipping and handling fees, please visit our website:

"Thank You" to all the modelers who have tried SAK over the years. Your positive comments and suggestions have been much appreciated and incorporated whenever possible.

~Rick Fluke Hangar 3 Arlee

Reply to
unamodeler

How about packaging and selling it in larger containers. When I bought mine I ordered multiple bottles.

Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.

We'd love to but we are limited as to the amount we can send through the mail. Hazmat restrictions limit this to just two bottles per package. You almost have to order 12 or more bottles to make it worthwhile to ship via UPS. With their fuel surcharges, etc., even UPS is getting pretty expensive!

~Rick

Reply to
unamodeler

Is it the number of bottles or the total volume that is limited? If it is the volume, then like I said, sell your product in larger bottles and charge a bit less for a single larger bottle than for 2 smaller ones. It would cost you less for packaging and bottling. If it is the number of bottles, then again, sell bigger bottles.

I suspect that your product is some sort of industrial cleaner which probably comes in 55 gal. drums. Its smell reminds me of some sort of laundry product from my childhood.

The price is one of the reasons why I started using alternate products. I can buy a gallon of another type of product which works quite well as paint stripper in a local automotive store for much less that it would cost me for your product. It works quite well in most appliacations. I still use your product but on very limited basis.

Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.