angled dimension not wanted

Hi Chaps

When in sketcher, I sometime have difficulty if eg I want to create a horizontal dimension between say 2 points NE / SW of each other - the dimension keeps aligning itself to 45deg.

How can I force it to be horizontal?

tia,

Matthew R

Reply to
Matthew Rutherford

: "Matthew Rutherford" wrote : Hi Chaps : : When in sketcher, I sometime have difficulty if eg I want to create a : horizontal dimension between say 2 points NE / SW of each other - the : dimension keeps aligning itself to 45deg. : : How can I force it to be horizontal? : I usually get an angled dimension when I select the two points a place the dimension on a line between the points or in a direction normal to that line. But not if I move straight up after selecting them. You might also try selecting the lower point first, going straight up from the second point and placing the dimension.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes

Where you middle click to place the dimn is the significant choice

in the above case you would middle click at the bottom of the graphics area horizontally half way between the two points - think about where you would place the dimn if you where manually drawing it.

If you middle clicked at the right of the screen you would get a vertical dimn.

If you clicked on a line running directly between the two points you would get an absolute dimn.

Reply to
Sean Kerslake

Use a centerline thru the point in the direction you want the dimension, then dimension the centerline and the other point.

Reply to
Solids

thanks chaps

Reply to