Thin -> Solid Protrusions

Hi Guys,

Many times now, I've started a 'thin' protrusion, done a nice sketch for its trajectory, then realised it should have been declared 'solid'.

Is there a way to convert from thin to solid?

How can I re-use a sketch from one sweep for another sweep?

tia,

Matthew Rutherford

Reply to
Matthew Rutherford

Your message suggestes your on an earlier version than WF1? - in WF I perform simple sweeps through the VSS Sweep [just select a single traj or use the option constant section] option to functionality this gives you the dashboard with the solid, surface, cut or thin options.

To reuse a sketch: whilst in sketcher hit the save button - this will save a section [.sec] file. Then, this can be imported to any other sketch environment: sketch > data from file.

A more robust way is always to create more time consuming sections as datum curves [which can then be referenced in the sketch] then they don't get lost if the feature is abondoned or fails.

Sean

Reply to
Sean Kerslake

The answer to the second question depends on whether you selected or sketched the trajectory. The sketched trajectory is entirely internal to the feature and can't be reused. A curve created separately probably can be reused as long as you can select it from the model tree although it might be 'grouped' with the first sweep feature. If you can expand the group, you should be able to select it. I'm being tentative about this because I can't remember ever doing this.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes