converting two 3d curves into one

Hi pro/E professionals,

I am working for indian defence ministry

i need ur help to solve my problem

i am currently trying IMPELLER(Pump),

here , can u tell me a command in wildfire which allows u to join two 3d curves having a common end point to make it a single curve.

i found that merge command is not at all active when u select one or two curves .

is there any other command 4 this???????

kindly help me

i will be waiting 4 ur earliest reply

Regards,

Aeronautical Development Agency

----------------------------------------------------------- Kumar . G

Reply to
Kumar

Select the curve (not the feature) and Edit, Copy, Edit Paste. Once the dash panel opens specify Approximate (? assuming that's what you want; default is Exact) and add the second segment (One by One or Tangent chain). The resulting object is a Composite Curve. Search Help, Part Modeling for the term "approximate" for more info.

Reply to
Jeff Howard

Ah, sorry. What version of Pro/E? The above is applicable to WF2. WF1 is slightly different, 2001 and previous still different (?). The help references should be valid tho' and you might find your answer there.

Reply to
Jeff Howard

Here's how I do it, select the first curve in line so that it is highlighted in a bold red ( its 2 picks on the same line), then select #Edit

key and select the curve again, enabling one-by-one selection. Holding down the shift key, select the rest of the curves, then select the check button.

Reply to
Gary Miglionico

thanks Mr.Jeff,

I can now convert 2 or more connected curves to a single curve, it is actually done only by using Edit>copy command after selecting the first curve,

Anyway have u tried to generate equations ,insted of these curves equations should represent the same 3d spline curve,,

any suggestions for this????

regards, kumar

Reply to
Kumar

thanks to u too Mr.Gary,

ur info helped me!!

have u tried to generate equations ,insted of these 3d curves These equations should represent the same 3d spline curve,,

any suggestions for this????

regards, kumar

Reply to
Kumar

Nope. Not really sure that the goal is (?).

Is it possible to write a curve out as *.pts or *.ibl? Will that do any good?

All the bits and pieces are there but it would take a lot of digging; serious digging at that. Curve definitions (splines are polynomial expressions) are available (OpenNURBS?) and the curve's defining entities (control vertices and knot vectors) are stored in the database (take a look at an IGES export if nothing else).

Reply to
Jeff Howard