Converting a pendulum movement into a vertical one

Hi,
What is the most efficient mechanical way of converting a swing movement into a vertical one. I have an inverting pendulum and I would
like to vertical shaft up and down:
Thanks/Brgds Joo
On Sun, 1 Aug 2010 10:34:33 -0700 (PDT), JJ wrote:

Asuming a rigid connection, conversions from rotary motion may be useful:
http://www.flying-pig.co.uk/mechanisms/pages/rotary.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escapement
David A. Smith