2001 Menu interface in Wildfire 2

Is there a setting to use the 2001 menu in Wildfire?

We're creating a mapkey to delete parameters. If row 23 is "TITLE" and you want to delete this, Wildfire says delete row 23, while 2001 will delete "TITLE". This could be a big difference if row 23 is only sometimes"TITLE" and sometimes "ENGINEER".

Therefore, we'd like to record the mapkey using the 2001 interface instead.

Todd

Reply to
T Bennett

Todd, try using the "Find" command to locate the Parameter and the delete it this way. You shouldn't have to change back to 200 interface, I'm not even sure if it's possible. The Find comman works great within a mapkey

Hope this helps, Glenn |B

Reply to
GWDavis28

I looked everywhere in the Find dialog and no where could I find how to search for a parameter. Could you go into detail on how to find a parameter using Find?

Reply to
Randy Jones

I have found the exact same thing. The problem still exists in Wildfire 2. I also have complained to PTC several times about how useless the new parameter ui is for mapkeys.

Do what I do and have the mapkey do the following:

  1. set the new_parameter_ui option to no
  2. do your modify thingy
  3. reset the new_parameter_ui option back to yes
Reply to
Randy Jones

Randy, sorry I thought that the Find command did a search fo Parameters, but it looks like it doesn't

Yah that method works too

Good luck, Glenn |B

Reply to
GWDavis28