Inserting a bitmap into a drawing

Hi

Is there any other way to insert a piece of bitmap image (like a logo into a drawing table) other than by OLE? It doesn't work on Linux!

Konrad

Reply to
KA

KA, OLE is pretty much the only way. You could depending on how th logo was created import and IGES or recreate the logo in sketcher. Are you trying to use the logo in a model or a drawing?

Hope this helps, Glenn |B

Reply to
GWDavis28

Thanks Glenn,

Looks bad. I need to insert a bitmap logo- cannot be vector. And in my mind, the simpliest way to have it on a drawing (printed paper) is to put it to the drawing document. Are you sure that Proe does not have a native bitmap object?

Konrad

Reply to
KA

Konrad, sorry man unless you are running OLE your out of luck. Yo might be able to use like photoshop to put your logo as a watermar or something like that. Bitmaps are considered OLE objects, so yo need to have OLE working. Talk to PTC support about why OLE doesn' work on Linux, they may have a work around. If you find one post i it may help others with this problem

Are you using Staroffice instead of MicroSuck Orrifice?

Glenn |B

Reply to
GWDavis28

I called our VAR, thre's one guy very good at linux/unix issues. He says the same- no way.

Openoffice.

Konrad

Reply to
KA