default start dir

: WildFire 2 does not look for the part file in the default startup : directory?????? : : Isn't that the directory that's listed in the 'Look in' box when you do 'File>Set Working Directory'? If so, then that's where it will look for files. In any case, it is mainly to get you into the neighborhood, not force you to store or open files there. If it isn't doing even that, then you need to check out the shortcut(s - there may be more than one) you are using and make sure the 'Start in' directory is the one you want. This value is passed to Pro/e as the initial working directory.
David Janes
Reply to
David Janes
That is the startup Dir that WileFire uses to load the default settings....but when you go to OPEN in the file menu....it looks in your personal user Dir!!!!
Reply to
Gilbert Pence
: That is the startup Dir that WileFire uses to load the default : settings....but when you go to OPEN in the file menu....it looks in your : personal user Dir!!!! : Mine already starts there because they are one and the same. I have a DATA folder, at the root of which I keep all settings files and off of which I have all my project files. One possible solution.
Another is to learn Java. That's the basis of all the Browser stuff. The stuff in your personal user directory is also Java-based. At very least, you have to put some folders in your Personal Favorites folder. Whether you do it manually or through Java, you have specify one as a working directory.
David Janes
: > : WildFire 2 does not look for the part file in the default startup : > : directory?????? : > : : > : : > Isn't that the directory that's listed in the 'Look in' box when you do : 'File>Set : > Working Directory'? If so, then that's where it will look for files. In : any case, : > it is mainly to get you into the neighborhood, not force you to store or : open : > files there. If it isn't doing even that, then you need to check out the : > shortcut(s - there may be more than one) you are using and make sure the : 'Start : > in' directory is the one you want. This value is passed to Pro/e as the : initial : > working directory. : > : > David Janes : > : > : :
Reply to
David Janes

Site Timeline