cross hatching

Guys,

Imagine a rectangular recess with filleted corners machined in a block. How do I cross-hatch the vertical surfaces?

I know I can cross hatch flat surfaces using cosmetic sketch.

Dave

Reply to
dakeb
  • Drop an axis into the middle of the recess
  • Make a 'thru axis' datum at an angle to one of the faces
  • Project a curve onto one of the walls
  • While it is selected, RMB 'Properties' and change the line font to phantom
  • Pattern the projected curve at say five degree increments.

If you do the first curve at say thirty degrees from vertical, it should look like a diamond cross hatch no matter what angle you're looking at it from.

David Janes

Reply to
David Janes